...that's probably because they were in such raptures over it, they were unable to speak. At least, that's my theory, as an English major.
The best way to enjoy cheese (particularly artisan cheese) is melted, with a little white wine, on bread or fruit. They call it Fondue, and if you've never tried it before, you are living an incomplete existence.
Serves: 4 to 6
You will need:
- 1 2/3 cups dry white wine
- 1 lbs. Gruyere cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 lbs. Emmenthaler cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 ripe pears, cut into chunks
- 2 apples, cut into chunks
- 1 baguette French bread, ripped/cut into chunks
Serve and enjoy on freezing cold nights with friends.