Friday, January 27, 2012

Green Tea and Persuasion

"Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings." - Anon.
 


I've finished my third and final knitted tea cozy, which I've christened my "Green Tea" cozy, since it is made in Kelly and Pine greens. 


Whether the tea in your pot is green, black, white or gold, this cozy does not discriminate :-)


I've also started work on the "Frederick and Anne" scarf from the Jane Austen Knits magazine. This scarf has a lot of lace work, and as long as one follows the chart accurately, it comes out beautifully. The middle panel is a wave, which represents Frederick, and on either side is a delicate leaf motif, which represents Anne. I'm making this with a yarn that is in a subdued electric blue (yes, I realize that's a bit contradictory) and has silver wisps woven in. I like the added romantic touch the blue and silver give this piece, as well as being an appropriate color for the wave.


As I haven't gotten very far yet, the wave and leaf motifs cannot be seen in the photo above, but the pointed edge came out nicely.

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment