Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bacon Avocado Egg Salad

"My salad days, when I was green in judgment." - Antony and Cleopatra, William Shakespeare

Salads can be hit or miss - there's so much room for invention and (sadly) error. This particular salad, however, is just too good to miss, and is going down in my recipe box as one of the best I've ever eaten.


I did make some alterations to the original recipe: I used Hellman's mayonnaise (although I do eventually want to make homemade mayo, right before dinnertime was not convenient; and don't get me started on the strange aberration that is "Miracle Whip"...), and I left out the tomatoes.
A good way to make bacon without burning it or the required bacon grease for the dressing is to lay slices on a microwave safe plate without using paper towels, zap in the microwave for the appropriate time (see the back of the package), lay the crisp bacon on a paper towel to drain and tip the plate into a small mug to reserve the grease.
Best salad you'll ever eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment