Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cozy Sipping and Reading

"Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it." - P.J. O'Rourke

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." - T.S. Eliot


The slew of book cozies I've been knitting over the past two weeks are now all finished, as is a handy little project that promises to be a go-to for gifts, stash-busting projects, etc.

First, the final two book covers are done, and have been named accordingly:

Josefina

Clementine

The first is another one that I made for a friend, and the second is for myself. I'm currently on a spy mystery novel reading kick, and can't wait for this cover to finish drying so that I can put it on (what John le Carre would say about such a girly-colored book cover going on "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy," I hardly dare imagine...).


Next is a project that I listed in my Knitting and Nibbling post as a great idea for a quick, handmade Christmas gift. I just made one in two hours tops (and it only took that long because of some interruptions) - it's brilliantly simple, uses a piddling amount of yarn, and is a much better coffee cozy than the flimsy cardboard sleeves they give you at coffee shops. I took a regular, variegated sock yarn and paired it with a white sporting weight yarn to give it extra bulk, which helps keep your coffee warm and saves your fingers from burning at the same time.

In short, a highly recommended knitting project:




Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment