Monday, October 17, 2011

More Cozy Reading

"The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it." - James Bryce

After finding the book cover knitting pattern in the first Cozy Reading post, I decided to clear out my stash of old sock yarns and made a bunch of book covers for my friends. The variegated sock yarns are always a good choice for this pattern. I don't usually give my knitting projects names, but these seemed appropriate:

"Natalya"

I just finished and shipped these to my friends, and am currently working on two more book covers. Pics (and names) will be forthcoming.


"Lailani"

I also ended up making a straightforward, improvised Kindle cover for a friend, using a red worsted weight yarn paired with a fuzzy black-and-white variety yarn. Details can be found at my Ravelry account.

"Alexis"

I hope that these patterns give inspiration for curling up with a good book on a cold day!

No comments:

Post a Comment