Monday, October 29, 2012

Narnia Chalice Blanket for Laura

"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve," said Aslan. "And that is both honor enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth." - C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian 

I began this blanket earlier in the year once I found out that a good friend of mine, who is also an impressive C.S. Lewis scholar, and her husband were expecting their first baby.

This pattern caught my eye because it makes me think of everything that has to do with Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia: magic, beauty, honor, greatness.

Sadly, the pattern itself is rather tricky, and I restarted the project multiple times (even my mother gave it a shot, since she is very talented with making baby blankets, but gave up in disgust.). And as baby blankets are not my forte when it comes to knitting, a few mistakes wormed their way in.

the blanket, washed and blocking

If, like I was, you have to make this blanket and are determined to see the difficulties through, the pattern can be found here. My advice is to be prepared to rip everything out multiple times.

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment