Thursday, November 17, 2011

Of Place Mats and Little Leg Warmers

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." - Albert Camus

Today was the first day of Arctic wind here. All around the country, people have already had snow storms and freezing temperatures, and here we've been having balmy, muggy weather up until this week. Winter is not far behind.

To celebrate the arrival of cold weather (hey, if I wanted warm temperatures, I wouldn't be a knitter), I'm going to do a post about two very cheerful and warm knitting projects. 

First, I finally finished the first placemat in the set I am making to go with the china pattern I've been collecting, Pistoulet. I have 8 place settings, so I must make 8 place mats. It's tedious, tiresome work knitting a tightly woven mat, but the result is worth it:


The pattern comes from this book. One down, seven to go...

I also decided that I must make a pair of these baby leg warmers for someone's baby. ANY one's baby, really - the cuteness factor on these is too much to resist. Remember, I do knit for hire, and my prices are reasonable (shipping only within the U.S.).

Stay warm this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment