Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fiery Irish Cupcakes

"The Irish seem to have more fire about them than the Scots" - Sean Connery

When I wrote my post about cooking with Guinness two posts ago, I had not yet been introduced to yet another wonderful recipe including Guinness: the Irish Car Bomb Cupcake.

Named after a famous adult beverage, which is also named after one of the best-known aspects of the Irish Republican Army, this cupcake is an Irishman's dream come true - Guinness chocolate batter, Irish Whiskey-flavored chocolate ganache filling, and Bailey's Irish Cream frosting.


image credit: browneyedbaker.com


The recipe can be found here. While I am also preparing to make Macarons this weekend, I am going to squeeze a batch of these deadly concoctions in as well. Seeing as these are based on my brother's favorite drink (in the grand tradition of crazy Irishmen), I doubt they'll be around for long.

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment