Monday, June 4, 2012

Dreams of my Knitting Needles

"A goal is a dream with a deadline." - Napoleon Hill

Even though my needles n' yarn bag is currently undercover, I'm going to do a post about the projects that are filling up my Ravelry queue, waiting and begging for time and wherewithal to become reality.

First is the Kate Middleton shawl:

image credit: Coats & Clark

This pattern is based on a kind of shawl/poncho that Princess Kate wore while grocery shopping a few days after marrying Prince William:

image credit: Bruce Adams/Daily Mail

I have a gorgeous green yarn from the Verdant Gryphon that I want to use for it called "Smuggler's Notch":




Next is the Rose Window Beret:


I'm hoping to have enough yarn left over from one of my top secret projects to make this. Maybe add a few beads too.

Also on the list is the Cable Panel Shawl:

image credit: Vogue Knitting

I'm hoping to make this with a white-gray yarn that is also from Verdant Gryphon.

Until the top-secret projects (and a few other projects that have been on the back-burners for quite a while now) get finished, my knitting needles will just have to keep on dreaming.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment