Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Changes in Peggotty's Corner

"Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations." - Faith Baldwin

I started this blog two years ago, at the end of my first tiring and fruitless job search after college. Since then, it has been a much-needed creative outlet as well as a huge blessing during years of waiting and working a part-time job. Now, my life is about to change.

image credit: Soul Affairs

I'm taking a full-time job at the end of the summer in another state far from home. Consequently, my ability to post here will be limited - I hope to continue blogging on a fairly regular basis about cooking, since I'll be doing that for myself, but I have a feeling that my knitting progress will slow down quite a bit.

So, to my dear readers, please continue to keep an eye on the Corner, but don't be surprised if it slows down a bit. Here's to ongoing creativity!

"Of all the money that e'er I spent, I spent it in good company/
  and all the harm that e'er I've done, alas, it was to none but me.
 And all I've done for want of wit, to mem'ry now I can't recall/
 so fill to me the parting glass, goodnight and joy be to you all.

Of all the comrades that e'er I've had, they're sorry for my going away/
  and all the sweethearts that e'er I had, they'd wish me one more day to stay.
But since it fell unto my lot, that I should rise and you should not,
I'll gently rise and softly call, goodnight and joy be to you all." - "The Parting Glass," Irish Folk Song

The Parting Glass by Waking Ned Devine on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment