Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peat Moss and Rain Drops beaded stole

"...For the rain it raineth everyday." - Shakespeare

"A violet by a mossy stone, half-hidden from the eye!" - Wordsworth

This project came together as if by magic. I fell in love with the stole featured on the cover of the Vogue Knitting Shawls and Wraps book, but the pre-beaded, 100% silk yarn they recommended was just too pricey. So, mom gave me permission to go rummaging in her yarn stash and I found a gorgeous, black-green, silk blend, tweed yarn by Rowan, which was a close approximation to the weight and material of the pricey recommended yarn. I also found a stash of abandoned silver-lined beads. All I had to do then was learn how to bead.





For a simple, easy way to learn beading, follow the directions and pictures on this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment