Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu, Part 1

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

This year, because I'm living at home; because I'm young and unmarried and an aspiring cook; because my mom was delighted to pass the baton this year; and because I highly suspect there's insanity practically galloping in my family (no, not really, but props if you can guess which movie that reference is from)...

I'm cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for my family by myself (...well, mom will be in the wings ready to give advice when needed).



I told you there was reason to suspect insanity in my family.

The menu will include:
  • Butternut Squash soup with cider and cream
  • Turkey done in brine with oranges and celery
  • Grand Marnier Chestnut Stuffing
  • Candied Yams with pineapple
  • Glazed onions
  • Corn pudding
  • Brussels Sprouts with Apples
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
  • Rum Raisin Apple Pie
Some of these will be made in advance, but most will be made the night before/day of. Part 2 of this post will come after Thanksgiving, and will include pictures.

If you are interested in a recipe you see here, leave a comment asking about it and I will try direct you to it (the only exception is the stuffing recipe, which is a family secret).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds absolutely delicious! I bet everything turned out delightfully!

    ReplyDelete