Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu, Part 2

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." - Colossians 3:15

Through the grace of God, and the help/support of my family, Thanksgiving dinner came out really well! Whether or not insanity runs in my family, the result was too tasty to attribute the endeavor to anything other than genius :-)

I began my cooking on Tuesday night, when I made the Gingersnap Pumpkin pie:


Then on Wednesday, I stayed in the kitchen for about 5 to 6 hours and made:

the Rum Raisin Apple Pie

The Butternut Squash Soup, that makes the whole house smell like harvest:
Soup, before being pureed
soup, after being pureed, with cider cream and chives
And then mom's famous stuffing:


Sadly, there are no pictures of putting the turkey in brine, because, well... try putting a freezing cold, 22 lbs. turkey in brine by yourself sometime, and you'll find out :-)
So, we'll move on to the Brussels Sprouts and Apples:
The turkey, after being roasted and sliced:

And finally, the table:

Yep, it sure was a good meal. Thanks to God, mom, and the roaster oven :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment