Saturday, November 17, 2012

New Knitting Projects

"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." - Elizabeth Zimmerman

As my difficult trial has still not abated, and I continue to have free time on my hands, I've been remarkably productive with knitting.

First, I finished a lace scarf project that has been dragging on for many months:




I gave this to my housemate as a birthday present after it was finished. She loves blue, and this scarf suits her very well.

I ended up ripping out the Princess Kate shawl and starting over, since it had several mistakes. I haven't made significant progress on it yet, as I am saving it to work on during my flight home for Thanksgiving next week.

In the meantime, I've finally faced my fears of knitting adult-sized sweaters, and have begun work on this Cardigan:

image credit: tottopper

The cables on it make me nervous, as they can easily go wrong if you don't pay enough attention. I am making it for myself, so that if it comes out looking absolutely hideous, at least I won't be inflicting it on an unsuspecting third party.

I'm using a leaf green yarn, and the bottom edge is almost finished - nearly time to move on to the dreaded cabling:


My housemate saw me knitting this and said "green is a good color for you." When I was a child, my mother always reverted to dark blues when we shopped for my clothes together, against my pleas for more green-colored items. As an adult, I've been taking every opportunity I can to shun dark blue (except in cases where it is unavoidable, such as business attire) and purchase or make green garments for myself. My mother finally agrees that it is a good color for me. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment