Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Smitten Apple Cider Caramels

"No sun - no moon! No morn - no noon - no dawn - no dusk - no proper time of day. No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease, no comfortable feel in any member - no shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, no fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds! - November!" - Thomas Hood

In the part of the country where I am living now, November has been comparable to September so far. I expect that to end in the next couple of weeks, but right now it is much preferable to my old home, where it is currently averaging 20 degrees Fahrenheit at night.

So, to celebrate the most gorgeous November I can recall, I am making these caramels:

the finished product


the caramel block

cut into bars...

...and cut into squares

These beauties come from the Smitten Kitchen blog, and capture all the beauty of Fall in a small square. The recipe can be found here.

Note: I don't recommend chewing these, if you value your teeth. 

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment