Friday, April 20, 2012

Another Knitting Update

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored. I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad." - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

I've been swimming in yarn lately - I have projects that have been waiting to be finished for months, other projects that needed to be done right away, and some projects that I reeeeeally wanted to make right away.

First on the list is a crocheted baby blanket I recently finished for my brother's friend who is a U.S. Marine, and whose wife is expecting a baby later this year:


Done in Marine colors, red and gold, with white to break it up a little. I found this pattern on the Ravelry.com database.

And speaking of finding lovely projects at Ravelry, I also found this beautiful Holden Shawlette while browsing through said-database:

image credit: lillysmum

I'm making mine with a Pima Cotton yarn in Parisian Blue (which is like a steel-grey-blue), and am placing Peridot-green colored pearl beads on every other wave around the edge. Sadly, I miscalculated (happens to the best of us) and ran out of beads, and need to put this project on hold until I can get some more. *siiigh*

Another project I've been working on for over a month now is the Frivolous Socks from the Jane Austen Knits magazine. I finally finished the first sock:


I am making these with the yarn I dyed - "Eire" - and purple beads with purple ribbon at the top. The second one is currently underway, and I'm looking forward to finishing it soon.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment