Saturday, April 7, 2012

Wisdom and Innocence Bible Reticule

"Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." - Matt. 10:16 ESV

I found the pattern for this lovely Bible Reticule on the Ravelry.com database, and decided that I had to make one for Easter. Seeing as I started knitting on Palm Sunday, there was a bit of a race going on. Happily, I made it and finished the project early on Holy Saturday. I gave it the name "Wisdom and Innocence" for the white yarn with white pearl beads (Innocence) and the clever stitch work all over it (Wisdom).

I made this project in a smaller size, so as to fit my pocket-sized Bible, the dimensions of which are 4"x6"x1". 

Reticule, hanging with Bible inside - front

The front has the Scroll pattern - I put pearl beads in the seven centers of the scrolls, as well as in the ruffle around the edge.


side view

The sides have the Gull stitch...


back view

...and the back has the Elfin Lace stitch.


Reticule, hanging with Bible inside - back


I am planning on making one of these for my mother, as well as making another in red crochet thread for my book of prayers.

A blessed Holy Week to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment